发新话题

红色抗战著作《东方欲晓》英译、解析和导读。(9月开工)

头像
九州方圆44  中级会员   发表于:2016-09-19 15:36   只看该作者
发帖 1144    精华:0   注册时间:2016-2-16    发短消息        

41楼

The moment LiuMing stepped into her house, BaiShiWu again sat there waiting for her. He dare not go to the rural battle ground to seek her so he visited her home everyday. He went there at least twice a day to see if she has returned. Finally she arrived, this fair look young man got excited. He got hold of her hand with tears in his blinking eyes:

“My hero, little Liu, you come back at last! Don’t you know I visit your home twice or thrice a day or stay home murmuring the scriptures in the Chinese Ghost Story—my! Should that be counted as poem or drama lines—“I’m looking forward to, the sea was see through. When she can be home? I harbor her; I hate her. I went fortune telling with a pair of red shoes held firm……

When LiuMing saw the BaiShiWu gossip with her and quote the ancient lines for love in face of her father, she flushed all in a sudden…… She drew back her hand, whether it is a real anger or pretended, she does not know. But she said in contempt to BaiShiWu:

“BaiShiWu, Don’t behave so daring. Keep discipline and stay on the bench then talk.”

This Bai sat on the worn bench with coming off paint. He looked up at LiuMing and wanted to say something but dare not.

Oh. My silly girl, you came back finally! Where have you been all these days? I almost worried to death. Childe Bai, also worry about you—Look! He lost so much weigh in the worry that he thinned almost a round. He visited us twice a day in such hot weather and it is all for you…… My daughter I warn you, never return to that dangerous place again. If the heaven will collapse it fell on the mass but what does it help if you rush to the front being a girl only? Stay home quietly and walk along the childe Bai, and enjoy with the young……

“Mother, why should you keep gossiping about it? Did I go there to pickpocket or to be a traitor?” LiuMing was favored by her mother from the beginning so when she spoke to mother she often keeps her ironic tone. “The front went so hot. I am one of Chinese young and a student, some even choose to be a warrior there. What I did is only to station near the front that is to say stay in my grandma’s to nurse the injured. Look how anxious you are. You can keep an outsider but how can you prevent others to get involve in?”

“Stop it little Liu, I also served a lot to the anti-Japanese activity these days!”

BaiShiWu made a hurry to express.

“What did you do for it then?” LiuMing switched her eyesight to the BaiShiWu, “Didn’t you say that you visit my house twice a day and told your fortune with the turtle shell at your home? Then, can you still spare time for anti-Japanese activity? I can’t believe!”

“I can, I can!” This childe Bai got excited and he couldn’t stop talking: “Little Liu, I report to you: firstly I took part in the donation team. I led my classmates and friends to my rich relatives to collect the donation. I also donated and gave out a thousand pieces of silver individually to the donation department of the student’s union. That only from myself and those I persuaded are not counted in……” At this BaiShiWu seems to be messed up by something, he stared at LiuMing blankly without a word.

“But what’s the second and third? Continue.” LiuMing couldn’t help investigating.

“For the rest, well, I wrote propaganda articles for anti-Japanese then.” Before LiuMing could add something her mother inserted to stop such impolite childish inquiry to her respected childe Bai:

“Say, my silly girl. Go to have your face washed and your clothes changed. I have been in such a hurry and how can you behave like a university student. Dusty all over and oily stain on the face! How can you live to be a rich daughter-in-law in the future……”

Mother you should seal your mouth!” LiuMing was angered, she stood up and running outside.

“Little Liu! Little Liu! Where are you heading for?” BaiShiWu chased her out.

“I went to wash my face.” LiuMing turned back and flashed a smile.

The bright and clear moonlight galvanized the five dragon pavilion in Park BeiHai. The water is rippling with silver lights steaming with fog. The dyke is surging with the fragrance of flower and shaded in green woods. All is dream like, a fine mixture of tranquil gracefulness. BaiShiWu sat by LiuMing on the bench, his eyes behind the gilded frame glasses fixed firm on the face of LiuMing as if to catch every instance of change there.

“Little Liu, let me hold your hand, all right? Don’t be so frozen cold! Yes, I should add beautiful as cherry and peach. So it is frozen cold and cherry like beauty. That’s you and framed the portrait of you. What did you have in the mind with your eyes fixing on the water? Can you exchange hearts with me and do you know how many things I want to say to you. LiuMing felt a pair of warm hands hold tight on hers. In face of the beautiful scene, in face of the passionate love, in face of the handsome boyfriend, LiuMing’s heart was moved and can not draw back her hands.

They sat in this way silently for a long while.

“Little Bai, loosen your hands. I also have some thing in my heart to say to you.”

Little Bai loosened his hands suddenly but his face almost touched LiuMing’s.

“Little Liu, hurry it out! I expect it day and night. I expect you to tell me the things in your heart……”

LiuMing turned her face away from Bai’s but still in silence. Under the moonlights by the watersides, her face emerges especially tranquil beauty.

“You conceited prince! I really have no way to deal with you…… Say it, tell me. Who can you tell beside me?”

Analysis: LiuMing’s mother has feudalist concept she thought that it is enough for her daughter to live as a rich daughter-in-law in a rich family. But I discovered that at this stage LiuMing has already gotten in touch of the patriotic concept, the concept of national independence. For sure she will later develop into the concept of individual liberation and independent. So the rich lady’s life could become a manacle to her, she is highly possible to betray and rebel. But there is the old system to block her. Then, the war may be a dangerous thing but highly possible a way to liberation. Just like what the author said in the opening that the author think her year in fighting for national independence serves not as regret but a life of significance and great interest. The portrait of LiuMing must be highly influenced by what the author feel for herself and highly possible a portrait of the author herself.     

头像
九州方圆44  中级会员   发表于:2016-09-19 19:05   只看该作者

42楼

柳明俯身捡起一块石子,用力向水面扔去艳敛的波光,被击成无数金色的涟漪,又象无数条闪光的鱼儿在水面翩翩游泳。

“小白,你看这景致多美!可是,我的眼前总看见香兰的断臂;看见那些流着鲜血缺肢断腿的士兵蒋介石想和谈,可是卢沟桥的战争越来越紧了。你听说了什么?坚守前线的吉星文团长,在一次激烈的战斗里牺牲了。战场上抬下那么多伤号,我们救护队日夜抢救,许多男同学还冒着炮火到战壕里去抬伤员……”

“哎呀,我以为你有什么心事要对我说呢,原来是这些。”白士吾掩饰不住失望的神色,一下子又把柳明的手紧紧握住,“花前月下只应当卿卿我我。可是,你却在令人陶醉的月光下,跟我谈你的伤员。小柳,我知道你一片爱国之情,我和你一样,何尝不关心战事,不关心国家的命运呢! 可是,你却在令人陶醉的月光下,跟着我谈你的伤员。小柳,我知道你是一片爱国之情,我和你一样,何尝不关心战事,不关心国家的命运呢!可是,我们已经尽力了我们的一份力量,也算可以了。咱们好不容易相聚在今宵,还不该谈点个人的事么?”

“我是想和你谈点个人的事。”

“什么事?我洗耳恭听!”白士吾说起话来又活跃了,眼里闪射出希望的光。

“我在发愁我的前途。学校听课了,说不定哪天才能开学。而且看样子,北平很有沦陷的可能。到那时,我该怎么办?……”

“唉,唉!原来你的心事仍然是这些。这还不好办跟着我,咱们到天涯海角去。有钱哪儿都能去!”

“又是跟着你!想拿我当你的附属品么?小白,你真不了解我的心。”柳明的声音哽咽了,她无限愁思,此刻再也无法抑制地流露出来。

白士吾不由自主地把手臂放在柳明的肩膀上,柔声在她的耳边说:

“My Dear, 为了你,我什么时候都愿意牺牲。你信么?只要咱们在一起,你说怎么都行。”

柳明猛地警觉起到:白士吾的手臂把他搂得越来越紧。她一下子跳起身来,盯着那张抹上神秘月色的年轻漂亮的脸,喘了几口气,连连摇起头来:

“你呀,漂亮话都叫你说尽了。你说愿意为牺牲,可是,我到卢沟桥去,你怎么就不去?还不如苗苗的男朋友呢,他都去前线了。你怎么就不肯离开你家王府的高台阶一步……”

“小柳,你冤枉死我了!我要在你的石榴裙下当屈死鬼了。我天天想着你,一时一刻地想着你,怎么不愿意跟在你身边?可是,我那阿爹阿妈,好像把老虎钳子左右开弓,把我卡得紧紧的。别说上卢沟桥,连上你家找你,他们都派了王升李顺两个当差的紧跟着我我进你家门,这两个差人就守候在门外。我哪有一点儿行动自由呀!”

“那么你怎么募捐的?不是还带着同学募捐了么?”

“我那阿爹阿妈一看大势如此,也得顾顾面子呀!我去募捐,王升李顺照样跟着我去的。”

柳明吓了一跳,急忙抬眼四处望去

白士吾露出虎牙笑了。他说,今天是跟柳明逛公园,两个差人明白他俩的关系,就没有跟着。

“我的小柳,你放心,现在他们再敢跟着我,看我不打掉他们的狗牙!来,咱们一边走一边谈好么?不过,有个条件你要允许我们拉着手走。”

沿着北海五龙亭向前门走去的湖边小路上,夏夜的暖风,吹来阵阵沁人心脾的花香清淡的、浓郁的花香,在少男少女的身边,渗透出一种迷人的气息,他们走一会儿,倚着绿色的栏杆站一会儿,柳明一只灵巧的小手,始终握在白士吾柔韧光滑的手里。

夜间十点钟了,柳明回到家里,刚进屋门,父亲柳清泉正躺在小铺上读报纸。见女儿进门了,从床上站起身来,举着一张报纸,满面怒色地瞪着女儿说:

“又跟那位王孙公子逛去啦?什么时候了,还有这份闲情!给你,看看报上这篇文章!”说着,老头儿把报纸扔了过来。

柳明带着羞愧的心情,急忙打开父亲圈着红圈的那篇文章,原来是名记者范长江写的《卢沟桥畔》。是一篇战地通讯。

柳明站在昏黄的灯光下,急忙轻声读了起来。

“中国对外一次次的小冲突,逐渐证明了中国一天天的抬头。人家一贯的方针,是要打击破坏中国的统一和强壮的趋向,他们这种希望和我们求生存的本质相反,这一个基本的不相容,说明中国必然会和他们不断的冲突。

“去年我们军队饮泣退出我平汉、北宁、平绥三路联络要点的丰台,今年我在北方的中部唯一交通要道平汉路的卢沟桥,又发生重大事件,这真是‘理从哪儿说起’?

“日军于七月七日夜间攻击我卢沟桥。卢沟桥乃以东西方向跨永定河,石桥之北有平汉线,与铁路桥平行而立,石桥之东,紧接宛平城。那时城内仅有二十九军一营,负着守梁桥之责。日军七日夜间,进入铁桥东端,我军一面奉命守桥,一面又奉命对日军非其开枪不得还击。这太难实行的双重命令,加到守护卢沟桥的我军,眼看人家在城活动不能出击,现在他们已黑夜袭到桥上,当然要打了!……桥西五六里长辛店驻的吉星文,他眼看桥一失守,怒不可当,……他本于军人卫国的天职,率领他部下悲愤痛哭的官兵,决定前进。八日夜间,阴森的永定河面,隐蔽了数百卫国英雄之潜行,一刹那间,雪亮的大刀队从皮鞘中解脱,但听喊声与刀声交响于永定河上。九日清晨,河岸居民见桥下尸横如垒,而守桥的人已换我忠勇的二十九军武装同志了……”

头像
九州方圆44  中级会员   发表于:2016-09-19 19:05   只看该作者

43楼

闲下来干脆翻译几段就写一首诗歌谈谈感受:

卢沟晓月同江南,它年奋起敌胆寒。跃然纸上寥寥语,一波三折卫河山。
头像
九州方圆44  中级会员   发表于:2016-09-20 17:44   只看该作者

44楼

LiuMing bended over and picked up a stone. She threw it withall her strength into the water soon the original bright silver lights wasshattered into countless golden ripples as if countless fishes were swimming onthe surface.

“Little Bai, look, how beautiful the scene is. But the brokenarm of XiangLan always appears in my mind along with those bleeding soldierswho lost their arms and legs in the battle. Chiang Kai-shek want a compromisewith negotiation but the battle on Bridge LuGou grows more intense. Did youknow the regiment commander JiXingWen who defend the Bridge had sacrificed hislife in a fierce battle there? So many wounded soldiers were carried off thefront line and our first-aid team rescues them day and night. Many brave youngmen of us even went to into the entrenchment of front line in spite of thegunfire……”

My! I thought you have something in the depth of your heart totell me. It’s nothing but this!” BaiShiWu couldn’t hide his disappointment. Hesuddenly held tight the hand of LiuMing and said: “We should whisper the wordsof love before the flowers and under the moon, but you just talk about yourwounded soldiers under the appreciated moonlight. Little Liu I know that youare patriotic. I tell you I have the same feeling and how can I not concern thefate of my country and the situation at the front! But we have tried our bestand it is quite enough. It isn’t an easy thing for us to meet tonight. Shouldn’twe take the chance and talk something personal?”

“Yes. I want to talk something personal.”

“What’s that? I am waiting for it.” BaiShiWu turned exitedagain and his eyes were blinking with light of hope.

“I am worrying about my future. The school lesson had beensuspended and I don’t know when we can return to the class. Further moreBeiPing is highly possible to be occupied by Jap soon. What shall I do by then?……”

Oh. You still have such kind of thing in the mind. But I tellyou that’s easy. We can go to the remote place. If we have money we can goanywhere!”

“Again I shall follow you! You want to make me affiliated toyou, isn’t it? Little Bai, you do not understand me.” LiuMing choke with sobs. Shecouldn’t help showing her worry.

BaiShiWu, couldn’t help laying his hand on the shoulder ofLiuMing. He murmured to her ears:

“My dear, I am willing to sacrifice anything for you. Do you believein it? You can do what you like provided we can be together.”

LiuMing suddenly realized it: the arms of BaiShiWu wereenclosing tighter and tighter. She suddenly jumped up and stared at the smartyoung face gilded with moonlight taking several deep breathes then shook herhead to say:

“Look, you have consumed all the sweat words. You said you arewilling to sacrifice for me but why didn’t you follow me to Bridge LuGou. Youcan’t even catch up with MiaoHong’s boyfriend who went to the front line also. Whyare you disabled to leave your Wang villa even for a step?
……”

Little Liu, you treat me wrong! I would have died under yourpink skirt. I thought of you everyday, every minutes and seconds, how can I notwilling to follow you? But my parents served as pliers that pinched me so hard.Never mention going to Bridge LuGou, they sent WangSheng and LiShun, two spies,to follow me even if I went to your house. When I went into your house theyjust stay out side, and how can I have any freedom!”

“But how can you organize the donation? Didn’t you lead yourclassmate for the activity? ”

“My parents saw the general trend so they let it be. Theyshould take care of the influence. But even so they send WangSheng and LiShunto follow me. ”

LiuMing took a fright, she looked around.

BaiShiWu showed his canine and smiled. He said they knew todayis for walk out with his girlfriend so the two spies did not follow.

“My little Liu, take it easy. If they dare follow us at presentI should broke down their teeth. Come, let’s walk side by side and talk. But Ihave a requirement: shall we hold our hands together.”

On the path that linked the five-dragon pavilion and thelakeside, the summer breeze carries in the penetrating fragrance of flowers,thick and light. The boy and the girl dipped themselves in the smell: they walka while, lean on the green shaded railing for a while, her small nimble handbeing held in his smooth one all the time.

Its ten o’clock at night and LiuMing just arrived at home. Thetime she stepped into the house her father LiuQingQuang was reading thenewspaper on his small bed. When he saw his daughter came in he rose up fromthe bed holding the newspaper in the hand and staring at her to say in anger:

“Which prince did you go out with? When is it? And you stillhave the leisure! Look, what’s on the newspaper! ”The old man threw the paperto LiuMing:

Liu hurried to search for the article her father marked with ared circle with the pen. It is a report by journalist FanChangJiang—By BridgeLuGou. A hot line report:

LiuMing stood under the dim light and hurried up reading in lowvoice:

“The gradually increasing number of conflicts between China and outside forces indicates that China is risingup day after day. Their original policy is to demolish China todestroy the unification and up—rise of the country. Their intention is incontrary to our hope of struggling out a way to live. This basic conflict inconcept indicated that the conflicts will be kept on hot line. ”

“Last year we had retreated from the communication junctureFengTai that links PingHan rail line, BeiNing rail line and PingSui rail line.This year incident also happened at the unique transportation center in thecenter of North China—Bridge LuGou on thePingHan line. What all these things accounted for?”  

“July the 7th, Japanese army launched a night assaultat Bridge LuGou. Bridge LuGou run from east to west across river YongDing inparallel to the railway bridge of PingHan line with thelater stand on the north. To the east of the stone bridge locates city WanPing.Only one battalion from the 29th  Route Army stationed on the bridge by the timetaking defense. July 7th the Japanese Army marched to the east ofthe Bridge at night, but the defense army received an ambiguous decree todefend but not to open fire first. The situation made it very difficult toexecute the ambiguous order and the reinforced army couldn’t take any action insight of the enemy’s activity in the city. Now the Jap made a night assault tothe bridge we have no other choice but to fight……Theregiment commander JiXingWen who stationed 5 or 6 mile away at ChangXinDian perceivedthe lost of Bridge LuGou then got angered…… Under the soldier’s duty, he led hisin-grieved and angered soldiers to take the decisive advance. By the night ofJuly the 8th the shady river YongDing disguised hundreds of valiantcountry defense warriors. All in an instance they outburst with their shiningbayonets and rolling shouting, the sound interweaved on the Bridge LuGou. MorningJuly the 9th, citizens by the bank discovered piles of bodies on theriver bed and the defense army changed to our valiant warriors from the 29thRoute Army…… ”   

[ 本帖最后由 九州方圆44 于 2016-9-20 17:46 编辑 ]
头像
九州方圆44  中级会员   发表于:2016-09-20 17:45   只看该作者

45楼

Analysis: LiuMing’s in contradictory psychologically, she should make achoice between the life before flowers under the moon and the life of patrioticcontribution. She gradually felt BaiShiWu is not the ideal boyfriend in hermind, too selfish and cold hearted towards the anti-Japanese activity. The warat Bridge LuGou is on the hot line, but the defense army had to fight insolitude for most of the army as we know had retreated from North China. According to historical record, by that time the Japanesearmy had not been reinforced. The Jap was involving in war production and armytraining. They had quartered in Chinafor more than 7 year by that time and if GuoMingDang party had thought ofrooting out the Jap they should have opportunity before the Jap grew strongerand stronger, but they just wait and retreat.   
头像
九州方圆44  中级会员   发表于:2016-09-20 21:05   只看该作者

46楼

“不用都看了!”柳清泉夺过女儿手中的报纸,又指着同文的另一段他已加了红点的地方说,“看看这个!”

“地方民众为国牺牲之精神,此次在长辛店一带充分表现。民工多日夜工作,既无报酬,又不能得一好休息处。我们要追问,为什么国家对外抗战,要令宛平县第六区独当接应前线之责?

“我们看到五六十岁的民夫,他们经不起日夜不停地工作,肢体发肿……有一个六十五岁的脚夫,家里只有两个小孩和一头毛驴,他被征到前方服务,日夜搬运,几天还不能回去。他放心不下他的家庭,有一天他乘着送饭的机会,绕道十余里,回家看望一趟,然后赶快回到民夫本部来。管理警士认为他私自潜逃,罚他十天继续工作。他对我说,“做十天倒也没什么,要说打外国的时候,说我潜逃,我真有点不服气!……”

读到这里,柳明读不下去了。她捏着报纸,一把抓住父亲瘦消的手,声音颤抖地:

“爸爸,我对不起您,您这么关心国家大事……我、我一个青年还不如您……”

“又叫那公子哥儿拉去玩啦?”父亲多皱的脸上有了一丝笑容。

“去北海了。”柳明不会说谎,如实地告诉父亲,“他真象条长虫把我缠绕得紧紧的。”

“不能光怪到别人,主意得你自己拿。以后,看时局这么紧张,别总跟那些花花公子花前月下的了,咱们怎么能够还不如一个赶脚的驴夫呢。”

柳明不怕好吵架的母亲,却有点怕很少说话的父亲。父亲叫她读了这段报纸,好像给她心里重重地扔下一块石头。倒在床上,她想着时局,想着和白士吾的关系,心里乱糟糟。忽然飞机马达声,在空中轰隆隆震响。弟弟柳放刚躺下还没睡着,一个猛子跳起身来,打开屋门跳到院里,这时院里同时有许多声音嚷嚷、叫喊,甚至欢呼:

“国军飞机来啦!咱们的飞机来啦!……太好啦!中国的飞机来啦!……”

“不对!不对!你看那还是小日本的膏药飞机!”

“看飞机屁股后面冒烟啦!冒烟啦!……看!传单又撒下来了,他们又撒传单了……”

过了一会儿,柳放拿着一张纸片走到姐姐屋里,咕嘟着小嘴,瞪着姐姐说:

“姐,你看,又是日本飞机撒的传单真气死人!怎么咱们中国的飞机都掉到海里喂王八啦?”

柳明接过传单草草一看:一份已经撒过几次的日本宣传品,什么“华北救国会”宣言。里面说什么日本无侵略中国领土的野心;说中国政府冷淡华北;说二十九军决无力作战;还说什么华北人民应当“自立”,象满蒙那样……柳明一把将这传单狠狠撕掉,向地上一扔,气忿地瞪着弟弟:

“捡这玩意儿干什么!全是骗人的鬼话!”

“姐,你生气,大伙儿也生气呵!怎么中国四万万同胞,都打不过一个东洋小日本?……大伙儿都骂街哩!有骂日本的,也有骂蒋介石的。大家伙盼着青天白日旗的飞机飞过来,可是在咱们头上飞来飞去的,全是那个大红蛋。”柳放不说太阳旗,却造个词儿叫它“大红蛋”。

“烦死人了!……”柳明刚扭过头去,炮声夹机关枪声,猛烈地轰鸣起来,震得窗纸哗哗作响,连外间屋里的茶壶茶碗也被震得叮当响,哗啦地掉落在地上。母亲吓得大喊起来:

“我说,你姐儿俩呀,快钻到床底下去!……快到床底下去呀!大难临头,可不得了啦……”柳明把弟弟搂在怀里,咬紧嘴唇默不作声。

头像
九州方圆44  中级会员   发表于:2016-09-21 06:28   只看该作者

47楼

根据可信历史资料分析我认为对抗日战争客观的概括性陈述应该是:
(1)抗日战争的全民族统一战线是中国共产党促成的。
(2)抗日战争的敌后主战场力量为中国共产党领导下的八路军和新四军。
(3)抗日战争的正面主战场力量为国民革命军。
头像
九州方圆44  中级会员   发表于:2016-09-21 07:27   只看该作者

48楼

关于抗日战争我做出的进一步解析为:

(1)国民革民军在国内抗战主战场的歼敌总数(不包括伪军)为45万到55万人之间;八路军和新四军在敌后战场歼敌总数(不包括伪军)为5万左右;苏联红军在二战结束前期于中国战场歼灭日寇70万人。

(2)国民革命军在国内抗战战场伤亡总数为300万人左右,八路军和新四军伤亡总数较小,作战效率较高,苏联红军伤亡最小杀敌最多。

(3)为什么八路军和新四军能以不多的力量牵制众多日寇?因为国民党军队的作战中心在城市,但日军的战略资源,包括粮食、煤炭等全部在农村和边远地区。敌军在广袤农村和边远地区无法大规模机动作战。八路军巧妙运用这个优势打机动歼敌,效率较高。国民党部队倚仗其正规作战态势在武器亦存在差距前提下不切实际,造成自身的巨大伤亡,但也以其牺牲阻止了日军3个月灭亡中国的梦想,仅仅淞沪会战就以牺牲75万人歼敌20万。

苏联红军在兵力和武器上均优于日军,其作战势如破竹,日军不堪一击。

(4)认识:抗日战争中中国对日作战的全面被动和全面依靠国际,造成的原因依然是工业科技不发达,不重视现代科技和工业的发展,再加上全国统一一致对外抵抗侵略的集体意识薄弱或尚未形成。
头像
九州方圆44  中级会员   发表于:2016-09-21 11:08   只看该作者

49楼

“You don’t need to read all!” LiuQingQuan grabbed the newspaper from his daughter’s hand then pointed to a few lines ofthe same report under which he marked with red pen dots. He said: “Read this!”

“The local people’s patriotic spirit of sacrificing for the country was full exampled around ChangXinDian zone. Most ofthe civil labors worked day and night without payment and a good rest. What Iwant to inquire is why the sixth region of WanPing County shall shoulder the burden of nation wide anti-invasion support individually?

“I saw labors between fifty and sixtyyears old, they couldn’t tolerate the labor days and night without a break and got swollen all over…… There is a carrier of sixty-five who has only two children and adonkey for the household. He was called for the front line service busycarrying days and nights without a chance to return for many successive days. He couldn’t be at ease with his household. One day he took the chance of sending lunches and slipped home to have a look by an extra ten miles walk, for whichhe was caught on his way back. The sergeant thought he escaped privately and fined him an extra ten days work. He said to me: ‘An extra ten days is nothing but if you mean I escape the time of national defense I can’t agree!…… ”  

At this, LiuMing couldn’t continue. Shepinched the newspaper and held her father’s thin hand tight speaking in aquivering voice:

“Father, I am sorry. You care so muchof the national events…… I as a young even can’tmatch you this way……”

“You were called out to play with the dandy again, wasn’t it?” a slight smile appeared on her father’s face.

“We went to the BeiHai Park.”LiuMing couldn’t lie so she told the truth: “He is like a snake that wrestles tight with me.”   

“You shouldn’t only throw blames on others and you should make the decision for yourself. Look the situation is onthe hot line and you should never always enjoy the life before the flowers and under the moonlight later. You can’t even catch up with the carrier!”

LiuMing did not fear her quarrelsome mother but afraid of her reticent father somehow. Father let her read the newspaper as if to add up a stone weight in her heart. She fell on her bed meditating the present events, her relation with BaiShiWu and all were in amess. Suddenly the sound of aircraft engine thundered through the air. Her little brother LiuFang jumped up from the bed. He just lied down and hadn’tfallen asleep. The boy opened the door then jumped into the yard. This moment there are many noises in the courtyard:

“The state air force is coming. They arecoming! Great! The Chinese aircraft!……”

“No! No! No! That’s Jap’s. Look at the plaster like flag print!”

“Look! The tail is smoking! Tail smoke!…… Andthe leaflets, they drop leaflets again!”

A while later LiuFang went to his sisterwith a piece of leaflet in his hand. He stared at sister and murmuring:

“Look! Sister, the Jap release leaflets again! The airdrop! I’m infuriated! Where are our aircrafts? Did they all dropinto the sea to feed the turtles? ”   

LiuMing took the leaflets and surveyed: the same monotony had been dropped for several times—the Declaration of NorthChina National Salvation Committee. It says the Japanese has no real intension to invade China, and it isthe Chinese government who deserted north China. It also says that the No. 29th Army is not capable of defense so the people in north China shall be independent like the Manchu and Mongolia…… LiuMing tore off the leaflet furiously and threw it onto the ground. She stared at her littlebrother and said in anger:

“How should you pickup the stuff! It is all but nonsense!”

“It is not you only, we are all infuriated! Why our 400 million Chinese can’t defeat a small Japan?
…… Somecurse the Jap while others curse the Chiang Kai-shek. They are expecting our aircraft with the print of blue sky and bright sun but all those incoming are red yolk like flags. ”LiuFang put aside the phrase of sun flag and invented the phrase for depreciation. Their mother was frightened and  

“It is really boring!” LiuMing had not turned her face away from it did the machine gun shots thunder. The window papers are shaking with sound. Teapots and teacups are shaking and falling ontothe ground.

“Say, you two. Slip under the bedquickly!…… Hurry up! It’s an eminent catastrophe. My!……”LiuMing embraced her little brother, clenched her lips firm without saying anything.

Analysis: Yes, I also want to ask: “Where are our aircrafts?” But thereare none. All the GuoMingDang party’s aircrafts are imported from either American or German. The whole country could not manufacture a single truck never mention airplanes. As for the imported air-fighters their number isaround 300, most of them had already retreated from north China to defense the then capital of NanJing and the prosperous YangZi Riverzone. But the Jap had more than 3000 self made advanced aircrafts so the 300 hundreds of those so-called ours were finally consumed in the later Battle of WuHan.

[ 本帖最后由 九州方圆44 于 2016-9-21 11:12 编辑 ]
头像
九州方圆44  中级会员   发表于:2016-09-21 14:23   只看该作者

50楼

第六章

阴云密布。阵阵雷声轰响在北平上空。

卢沟桥边的炮声一阵激烈,一阵沉寂。众多的市民都变成了热锅上的蚂蚁。粮价飞涨,各种必需物品也跟着涨价。然而,当冀察政务委员会的委员长宋哲元号召市民募集麻袋、运送沙土、筑建街垒时,人们却顶着三伏天的烈日,踊跃出动。没几天,北平的要冲街头都准备巷战的堡垒。

北平宣武门内大街的街垒旁,有两个青年人在溜达着,观望着。他们抚摸着那些垒起有半人高的沙包,眼睛流露出忧郁的神情。其中一个戴着眼镜、年岁稍大的人,对另外一个身穿洁净竹布大褂、一副小职员打扮的青年说:

“国民党里的汪精卫还在高喊,‘牺牲未到最后关头,绝不轻言牺牲’。蒋介石在七月九号那天,就命令南京外交部去向日本求和去商量什么‘撤兵法’;还梦想‘和平解决华北战事’……”

“我们这边呢?”另外一个焦灼地向四处瞥了一眼,见附近没人,轻声说,“老师,好几天没见到您,当前形势变化很快,我知道的太少。您给我讲讲吧!”

“靠近点儿,”戴眼睛的拉了对方一把,“卢沟桥事变第二天,党就在陕北向全国各界同胞发出了紧急通电,坚决主张抵抗日本帝国主义的进攻;提出武装保卫华北,保卫全中国形势严重呵,中国已到生死存亡的关头了!二十九军的抗战很艰苦,很不容易我看这些街垒不会用得上了……”

“老师,我也看到了形势的严重性。几天几夜睡不好,吃不下北平的市民也是如此……老师,您说这些街垒用不上了,难道二十九军会撤退么?他们抗战热情很高,打得很英勇啊!”

“国民党自己迟迟不发兵;而日本兵却源源不断从山海关外大批开到华北各地来。看这形势,二十九军孤军奋战,再英勇也扭转不了敌众我寡、敌强我弱的局面啊!”

两人都不说话了,望着那些孤零零地仿佛在风中战栗的、新新旧旧好好坏坏地堆起来的麻袋,轻轻地摇头叹息。

“咱们谈别的吧。公司的买卖,这几天可有进展?”戴眼睛的人关切地问道。

“买到手的货物都已由火车托运走了。还剩下一笔款子没有买成现货,因为卢沟桥战事一起,商家都不肯卖货了。再说火车,从十一号起北平市对外的一切交通都断绝了。我正发愁买卖没有进展,才找您商量办法。”

“我知道你的处境困难……但这笔买卖怎么也得做成呵!”

“对,我也是这么想。”小职员打扮的青年点点头,两人默然无声地又向前走了一会儿,来到一座电影院门前,墙上一幅外国金发女郎的招贴画和旁边的两行大字,赫然映入他们的眼帘:

光芒万丈的歌坛新彗狄安娜杜萍主演《满庭芳》十年来第一部真善美的音乐爱情细腻浪漫名片。

看着这张大得占满一面墙壁的电影广告画,他们不由得皱紧眉头,沉郁的脸上露出一丝苦笑。想起几天来北平街头年老的、年少的、男的、女的、各行各业的市民们,冒着炎热酷暑,汗流满面地用装满沙土的麻袋筑着街垒,在准备和日本帝国主义者决一死战的情景,再一看电影院还在歌舞升平地演着浪漫名片。小职员打扮的青年深深叹了一口气:

“这就是‘商女不知亡国恨’吧?老师,我真恨不得立刻回到妈妈身边去。可事情没有办妥,怎么走呢?”

“别着急,小曹,妈妈那边恐怕一下回不去了。其他事情嘛,咱们共同想办法。”

被称作小曹的青年正是曹鸿远,他是从延安由组织上派到北平来购买药品的。他的同行者张怡,既是他过去的老师和朋友,也是他来到北平后的党的领导者。他们现在正在接头,商量着买药的工作。

“小曹,卢沟桥战事一起,中国人民的抗日热情更加高涨了,这一点,你一定得看得很清楚吧?”张怡走着,拿出手帕擦去眼睛片上的尘土和汗水。

“老师,你问我这个问题,一定有它的用意,对不对?”聪明的曹鸿远一听张怡提出这个问题,已经意识到这里面有文章。

张怡笑了笑:

“你说得很对。你提出来的困难,怎么解决呢?我看,只有依靠你说得那些热爱祖国的群众去解决。只有依靠人民群众才能赢得战争的胜利,这个道理你是清楚的。”

听了张怡的话,鸿远没有立时回答,默默地沉思着。想了一会儿,想明白了,想透彻了,于是,站住脚,紧紧握住张怡的手,眼睛里流露出激动的神色。

头像
九州方圆44  中级会员   发表于:2016-09-23 08:04   只看该作者

51楼

Clouds gathered in the sky and thunder reverberating overBeiPing.

The gun shots at Bridge LuGou became intense for a while and died down for a while. Manycitizens are turning themselves into worried antsstruggling on the hot pan. The price of grain skimming high and the price of daily necessities rise along with it. But when the chief inspector SongZheYuanfrom the inspection committee called for labors to collect sacks and fill insoil in building of street barricade, people volunteered for it busy under thescorching sun. They are preparing barricades on communication strategic pointfor the street fighting in a few days.

Two young men arestrolling and watching by the barricades at inner-street around XuanWu Gate. Theytouched on the waist high barricades with gloomy look appeared in their eyes. Oneelderly with glasses said to the other clerk like young:

“WangJingWei in the GuoMingDang party is still shouting: ‘Thetime for final sacrifice has not yet come. Never mention sacrifice easily!’”July the ninth Chiang Kai-shek ordered his diplomatic department to seekcompromise with the Japanese—to negotiate on retreat and dream for a peacefulresolution to North China war affairs……”

But what happened here?” The other onelooked around in worry. He made sure there’s no other one nearby then said inlow voice: “Teacher, we haven’t met for several days. The situation is on thefast change and I know so little about it. Would you please tell me something?”

“Approach me!” the man with glasses dragged him nearer, “Thesecond day after the Bridge LuGou incident, the communist party had already broadcastedto the whole nation from north ShanXi province that they insist on fightingagainst the Japanese imperialist’s invasion. They proposed to defend north China, todefend the whole nation. The situation is endangered and the nation is on theverge! The 29th Route Army fight valiant and hard, that’s no an easyfight. I think all these street barricade won’t be put into use……”

Teacher, I also realized the endangeredsituation. I couldn’t fall asleep or ate anything these days. The citizen inBeiPing also behave like this…… Teacher, just now you said these barricades won’t be put intouse. Do you mean the 29th  Route Army will retreat? But they fight valiantlyand enthusiastically against the Jap!”  

“The GuoMingDang party withheld their armies but the Japanesearmy was constantly reinforced from north of the great wall through ShanHaipass. In view of this, how ever valiant the 29th Army is thesolitarily fighting unit can not change the general condition of the weakagainst the strong and the minority against the majority!”   

Then the two of them shut off. In view of the solitudebarricades new and old that seemed to be shaking in the wind, they sighed andnodded their heads:

“Let’s talk about something else. Is there any progress for thecompany business?” the man with glasses inquired keenly.

“All the purchased cargoes were transported by the train. Thereis still a sum that has not been cashed out for goods for all the merchants refusedto sell as the war at Bridge LuGou provoked. As for the train, that all thecommunication linking BeiPing was cut. I just worry about the business so Iinvite you for this talk to seek a way out.”

“I understand the difficulties you encountered but anyhow thisdeal shall be made!”

“Yes, I have the some idea.” The clerk like young man noddedhis head and walk ahead in silence for a while. Then they arrived at the gateof a cinema where a blond lady was printed on the wall for advertisement andtwo lines for propaganda boldly invaded into their eyes:

Fragrance Filled the Courtyard agenuine romantic love story with true music are on the show. This performed bythe shining singing star Diana DuPing.

The painting advertisement occupied a whole face of wall andthey had to frown with a bitter smile on the depressed face. They thought ofthe young and old, men and women from all walks of life who built the streetbarricade with sand bags filled with soil. They work under the scorching sun andprepare for a decisive battle against the Jap. But this cinema still put theromantic film on show. The clerk like young man sighed:

“Is this from the poem which says the art women can notunderstand the hatred of state perishing? Teacher I would like to return to mymother’s but the business had not accomplished yet and how can I leave?”

“Don’t be hurry. Little Cao, I am afraid you can return to yourmother’s these days. For other things we can cope together.”

The young man called little Cao happened to be the CaoHongYuan.He was sent here by communist party in YanAn to purchase medicine. The man whoaccompanied him called ZhangYi, his former teacher and friend. Now he is alsothe party leader of CaoHongYuan in BeiPing. They are meeting for the arrangementof medicine purchase.

“Little Cao, can you see the anti-Japanese tide was stirred uphigher after the Bridge LuGou incident? Now it is absolutely the thing.”ZhangYi took out his handkerchief to sweep off the dust and sweat on hisglasses while walking.

“Teacher, you must have some hint behind the question, isn’tit?” the clever CaoHongYuan realized it as soon as Zhong prompt with thequestion.”

ZhangYi smiled:

“You hit the point. How to conquer the difficulties? We shoulddepend on the patriotic mass. We should depend on them to win the war. Itshould be very clear for you.”

Cao did not prompt with an answer for this. He thought it oversilently. A while later Cao realized and stood square to hold tight the handsof ZhangYi, his eyes blinking with excitement.

Analysis:The 29th Route Army was deserted but they did not give up. The enemy out numbered them and being reinforced constantly. BeiPing is hopeless now, but people did not desert their hope, theyare busy building barricades for street fighting. To the contrary the government which held responsible for the country defense is seeking compromise. “The time has not yet arrived for a final sacrifice!” but when isit the time? The answer should be “Whenever it is not the time” for theWangJingWei finally turn into No.1 national traitor and subject to the Jap.  

[ 本帖最后由 九州方圆44 于 2016-9-23 08:16 编辑 ]
头像
九州方圆44  中级会员   发表于:2016-09-23 08:53   只看该作者

52楼

所谓英文敏感词汇是“大汉奸”。这个英文解析最精彩。我说的是汪精卫说:“牺牲未到最后关头” 实际上对汪精卫来说这个“最后关头”永远也不会到来。因为他后来做了中华民族的第一大汉奸。我不知道为什么三次都通不过?
这里的“政府”指的也是当时妥协苒和不抗日的国民政府。

[ 本帖最后由 九州方圆44 于 2016-9-23 09:09 编辑 ]
头像
九州方圆44  中级会员   发表于:2016-09-23 09:56   只看该作者

53楼

“老师,有办法了!我新认识的柳明和苗虹都和医药界有关系,我可以通过她们想办法去完成”说到这儿,曹鸿远停顿了一下,向左右看了看,微微一笑说,“利用这些关系去完成咱们这桩买卖。您说对不对?”

“对,你应当通过那些爱国的朋友不管新认识的、早认识的,去买那些还没买到手的东西。我有个表弟叫华兴,在西单裕丰西药房当伙计,可以介绍你去找他,叫他帮助你去买。趁现在二十九军还在抗战,咱们就说买药去救护伤员和难民。有这样合法的理由去办事,事情不是好办一些么!”

张怡的话,使鸿远的心情舒畅豁亮起来。当他们走到西单四牌楼前,张怡在一个小胡同口站住了,握住鸿远的手,关切地说:

“小曹,看你瘦多了,一定是发疟疾的缘故。你手里不是还有些钱么,应该用一点在治病和加强营养上,应该把你买到手中的金鸡纳霜吃一点治一治你的疟疾这是为了更好地工作嘛!”

鸿远笑了,感激地望着张怡:

“老师,你放心,我这点病算不得什么,请不必惦记。下回,咱们还在原来的地方碰头吧?我希望那时候你这位经理能够满意我这个小雇员的工作。”

张怡轻轻点点头。看看四处无人,就拍着鸿远的肩头,低声说道:

“我相信你可你一定要爱护自己的身体。最好搬到城里来住,比较方便。要不,你就先住在我表弟华兴家里我姑妈是个很好的老太太,表弟华兴是从东北关外逃难来北平的,他热爱祖国、也有头脑以后,有了适当的地方再搬家。你住的地方得经常变动,要随时提高警惕虽然日本目前成了我们的头号敌人,可是……”张怡摇摇头,没有说下去。

“老师,你放心,我已经从长辛店搬到城里来了……今天,你的谈话叫我又领会了一个真理……”

“什么真理?”

“这就是依靠群众!”鸿远调皮地一笑,“我大概也沾上了知识分子的毛病理论脱离实际。理论上我也懂得这个道理,但是一遇到实际工作,我就把它忘在脖子后头了。”

“那你就赶快搬到脖子前头来。这样,你每天都望着它,念叨它几遍,理论就不会脱离实际了。”

张怡说话风趣。这些天来,心头总象压着块重石头的鸿远,不由得微微笑了。

“你说说,你新认识的柳明和苗虹是两个什么样的人?”他俩又向阜成门方向缓步走着。

“这两个人都是大学生,也都热心抗战……”接着,鸿远把他如何认识柳明、苗虹的经过向张怡叙述着,同时,把怎样认识王福来父子的事也说了。

张怡仔细听完鸿远的叙述,最后对鸿远笑笑说:

“你新结识的这几个人都很不错,而且你对他们还有点恩情,要多做他们的工作,多培养他们你会明白,无论何时,你不能光当个买卖人、小雇员,得同时做些发动群众的工作。刚才你已经明白这个‘理论’了,可是,得把他们搬到脖子前头来

“老师您说的对,我一定照办。你会相信我的,对不对?”

“不过我还得说说你,你做事情还有点不够稳当,还带着一股传奇的英雄味道你没有对王永泰多做细致的思想工作,却听任他拿着铡刀去杀日本人;又紧跟着冒险去救他……”你这些做法,是不是有点儿欠妥当?”

曹鸿远的脸刷地红了。从十几岁起,每当他的工作出了差错,犯了毛病,张怡总是毫不留情地批评他、纠正他。他也能接受批评,努力改正自己的缺点。想不到今天说了王永泰的事情,又受到批评了。他红着脸,沉思了一阵,觉得张怡批评得有道理自己是肩负党的重任来北平采购药品的,那种到处出头露面的英雄式的行为不仅会毁掉自己,还会给党带来巨大损失……

“老师,我明白了自己的毛病了。小时候,看了些侠义小说,挺受影响。一遇见某种场合,就忍不住挺身而出,拔刀相助……相信我吧,老师,我会改正的。”

“好,今天就谈到这儿,三天后,我带你去见华兴。”

头像
九州方圆44  中级会员   发表于:2016-09-23 12:51   只看该作者

54楼

这里的“政府”指的也是当时妥协苒和不抗日的国民政府。(F)
这里的“政府”指的也是当时妥协媾和与不抗日的国民政府。(T)
头像
九州方圆44  中级会员   发表于:2016-09-23 16:16   只看该作者

55楼

“Teacher, I have a way out. LiuMing and MiaoHong who I got toknow recently have something to do with the medical profession so we can manageto complete our task through them……” CaoHongYuan made abrief stop at this. He looked around then made a smile and said: “We can takeadvantage of this to make the deal. Is that all right?”

“Yes, you should complete the mission with the help of thosepatriotic acquaintances, new friends or old ones, who can aid you in thepurchase of demanded medicines. I have a cousin call HuaXing who work as an apprenticein YuFeng pharmacy XiShan Street.I can introduce him and let him help you. Now the 29th Route Army are stillfighting at the front we can take the excuse of first aid to the injuries andrefugees to make the purchase. If we have such legal reason then it would beeasier to complete our mission, is that so?”

ZhangYi’s words broadened the mind of CaoHongYuan all of asudden. The former stopped at an entrance of lane when they reached SiPaiarchway on XiShan Street.He held the hand of Cao and said in concern:

“Little Cao, you shrunk so much. It must be the malaria. Didn’tyou still have some currency handy? Why not take some to improve your livingand make treatment to your illness? You should take some quinine handy to healyour malaria. It is for better work, is that so?”

Cao smiled, he looked at ZhangYi full of appreciation:

“Please take it easy, my teacher. The slight unfit for mecounts nothing. Don’t worry about it. Shall we meet at the same place nexttime? I hope you can satisfy with your small fellow’s work by then, my manager.”

ZhangYi nodded slightly, he patted on the shoulder ofCaoHongYuan then looked around to make sure there’s no other man around. Hesaid in low voice:

“I believe in you. But you should take care of yourself. You’dbetter move to the city and it is more convenient. Or you can stay in my cousin’sfirst. My aunt is a kind hearted old woman. My cousin fled from north east China here andhe is clever as well as patriotic. If you can find a proper apartment laterthen you can move there later. You have to change your address constantly andkeep on alert all the time. Though Japanese is the No. one enemy of us but youknow
……”ZhangYi shook hishead and could not carry on the talk.

“Don’t worry about it, teacher. I have already moved insideGreat Wall from ZhangXinDian…… Your present talkwoke me to another truth, teacher……

“What’s it?”

“We shall depend on the mass!” Cao smiled naughtily,“ I mightalso be influenced by the defect of intellectuals that is to say to be deprivedof practice. Theoretically I know the truth but as I went to practice I put itwell behind me.”

“Then you move it in front of you, thus you look at it everyday and ready it several times a day so that you have it in your practice.”        

ZhangYi is humorous,and the Cao who lived with a stone in his heart these days couldn’t helpsmiling.

“Tell me something about the LiuMing and CaoHong who you got toknow recently.” The two of them were walking slowly towards FuCheng Gate bynow.

“The two I mentioned are all university students, and they are enthusiasticon anti-Japanese activity……”Then Cao retold the story how he had encountered LiuMing andMiaoHong, as long as the story with WangFuKai and his son.

ZhangYi listened carefully, then smiled and spoke to Cao:

“The several friends you got to know recently are all good.Further more they are gratitude to you in some way or others. You shall spendmore time to persuade them and cultivate. Have this principle in the mind: anytime you shall not consider yourself as a vendor or a minor clerk. You shallrise up people as well. Just now you understand the theory but you shall bringthe principle from far behind to be in front of you—”

“Teacher what you said are all right, I would behave accordingly.You believe in me, do you?”

“But I still have something to say about you. You still havesome heroic taste in doing things and it is not stable enough. You did notpersuade and explain to that WangYongTai carefully and let him take his swordto kill the Jap, then you risk your life to follow and rescue him…… Do youfind anything improper in all these incidences?”

CaoHongYuan flush. Fromhis teenage whenever he made any mistake in work it is this ZhangYi who pointedout and righted the wrong without any reserve. He himself is always willing toaccept it and improve. But today it is unexpected when he mentioned the thingswith WangYongTai again his improper behavior was pointed out. He flushed andmeditated for a while then felt teacher Zhang is quite right in his remark. Hehas the party responsibility here in BeiPing to purchase medicines, so in thoseheroic deeds and exposes might ruin himself and further bring great losses tothe party……

Teacher, I understand my bad habit now.I was influenced by the heroic tales I read in my childhood. In certaincircumstances, I couldn’t help standing out to give aid…… Believein me, teacher, I will change.”

“That’s good. Let’s call it a deal today and three days later Iwill introduce HuaXing to you.”  

头像
九州方圆44  中级会员   发表于:2016-09-23 16:17   只看该作者

56楼

Analysis: We discovered that CaoYuanHong is one of the members from communist party and involved in the underground activity in medicine procurement for the red zone. He is too bold in his heroic actions but in the mean time it is just in his such behavior he got to know and familiar with LiuMing and MiaoHong, two students of value to mission. The underground activity looks like walking on the blade, to be too bold can expose too early and to be too reserve can achieve nothing. The communist party itself at that strategic time was put into very dangerous situation. They declare the Japanese invader to be the No.1 enemy but domestically the party is still expelled and hunted by the GouMingDang party in which the Ultra-right wing prevails.  

[ 本帖最后由 九州方圆44 于 2016-9-23 16:19 编辑 ]
头像
九州方圆44  中级会员   发表于:2016-09-23 20:31   只看该作者

57楼

第七章

这是一所简陋的医院。门诊部和病房都相当阴暗潮湿。有些地方粉壁剥落,露出白灰涂抹的土墙;有的房顶上还能漏进几丝阳光。这就是北平最大的医学院国立北平医学院附属医院。自从卢沟桥战事一起,这所医院便收容了大量从战场上抬下来的伤员超过了它能够容纳伤病员的几倍数量。医学院的那些同学、老师、职员、工人,在战争突起之后,都忘掉了个人的处境,整日不离医院和病房。他们对待英勇抗战的二十九军的负伤战士,迸发出多时来蕴藏在心底深处的热烈情感。尽管医院简陋破旧,条件恶劣;到处是血腥气、粪尿气、汗臭气和苍蝇飞来飞去的嗡嗡声,简直象个难民收容所,但医生、学生、护士、职员、工人,却都在这么多的伤员中间穿梭似的忙着。手术室里一个接一个地往外推出动完了手术的伤员;守候在外边的人们又小心翼翼地把他们推到病房里,在轻轻地把它们抬到一张紧挨一张的病床上。

柳明回到医学院已经三天了。在这三天中,她日夜不停地忙得不可开交一会儿做医生,一会儿做护士,一会儿又替伤员接屎、接尿、喂饭、倒痰盂,做起勤杂工来。看看那些缺胳臂断腿的年轻战士,一种混合着激愤、心疼和怜悯的情感,掀动着她的心,就在她倾覆全副心思去为伤员服务的时候,白士吾却常常说说那个。这三天,可把柳明腻烦透了!不过,她不愿意在这儿和他争吵,只得耐着性子对他微笑着说:

“白士吾,你快帮我把这个伤号翻身。不然,总这么躺着不动,要生祿疮的。”

白士吾倒也乖乖地听柳明的话,帮助女友做点这个那个的。可是,时间一长,他就烦了,一屁股坐在小凳上,掏出绸子手绢擦去脸上的汗水,不耐烦地瞅着正忙着的柳明:

“小柳,不累么?歇歇好不好?咱们到外面透透新鲜空气,吃杯冰淇淋去。”

“你就知道冰淇淋!”柳明瞪了白士吾一眼,放低了声音,“人家为国家出生入死,性命都难保。你倒好,总想吃什么冰淇淋。要吃,你自己去吃。我不去!”忽然她又加了一句,“你还不如我爸爸呢!我不卖力气,连老头儿都瞧不起我……”

白士吾无可奈何地望着那张严峻而又美丽的脸,叹了口气,打开折扇扇了几下,无精打采地走出去。可是没过一两个钟头,这个白士吾又溜回柳明的身边,手里托着一盒包装精致的洋点心,另外还一包绿色的苹果。他伸手把这些东西递到柳明的嘴边:

“这么没死没活地干,你连饿都忘了……看,我给你买来了好吃的东西。你,你,我最……”白士吾想说“我最亲爱的”,可没敢说出嘴,只说了句“你快吃吧”,就瞅着柳明不出声了。

柳明把点心和水果都接了过来。打开盒子看了看,转脸望望身边那个刚量完血压的伤员,拿起一块点心、一个苹果,放在伤员的枕边,小声说:

“您吃了这个。”说完,她又拿起点心和苹果一份一份给了病房另外几个重伤员。

白士吾看呆了,心里十分气恼,但又不敢拦阻,只好站起身到水管子边去洗手,好像要给伤员做什么似的。一边洗,一边冲着身边的柳明小声说:

“你呀,叫我怎么说你!他们伤兵是人,你也是人呀,怎么就一点儿也不顾自己的身体呢?咱们走吧,你已经三天三夜没休息了,歇一会儿去吧!”

“你要顾自己,就别到这个地方来!我不累,用不着歇。”柳明睁大敖红了的眼睛,终于不耐烦和白士吾顶撞起来。

白士吾讪讪地刚要走开。忽然,一个高大英俊的小伙子走到柳明身边来。一见是新相识的曹鸿远来了,柳明赶快把手里的汤匙交到白士吾:

“白士吾,你喂喂这位兄弟,我有点事情一会儿就来。”说着,扭头对鸿远点头笑道,“曹先生,您怎么找到我了?走,这儿太乱,咱们到外边说话去。”

鸿远也含笑点头,跟着柳明走过一条满地都躺着伤兵的走廊,开了一道小门,来到一座疏疏落落长着几棵小树的院子里。

这里有一条长凳闲着,两人一同坐下。鸿远望望柳明那双因过度劳累布满血丝的眼睛,低声说:

“柳小姐,你还在做救护工作?挺累吧?二十九军浴血奋战,宛平一带,仗打得好凶呵!前天,连佟麟阁军长也牺牲了……”

柳明的眼圈立刻红了,意识到曹鸿远找她一定有事,扭头望着他,那双含着悲痛的泪水的眼睛好像在说:

“有什么话,你尽管说吧。”

曹鸿远知道柳明很忙,于是,直截了当地说:

“柳小姐,你是医学的学生,现在又在医院工作,能够帮助我们买一些药品么?现在市面上的药房也象别的行业一样囤积居奇,都不肯多买药了。”

“呵,药品。”柳明惊疑地重复了一句,“给什么人买药品?要买多少?”

“你看战争进行得越来越激烈,今后,恐怕还要更激烈。我们募捐到一笔款子,准备给浴血奋战的军队买下些药品这在战争时期是件十分重要的事情,你能够帮帮忙么?我这样不客气地要求你,你不会见怪的,对不对?”

头像
九州方圆44  中级会员   发表于:2016-09-23 20:32   只看该作者

58楼

This is a simple clinic. The out patient department and the wards are all dim and humid. Some lime coating came off the wall and the inner mixture of lime and soil exposed. Sunlight can even penetrate through several cracks of the ceiling. But that is the biggest hospital in BeiPing—the affiliated hospital of state medical academy. After the outbreak of Bridge LuGou incidence the hospital received injured from the front line several times over its capacity. The clerks, teachers, classmates and workers there for volunteer service all forgot about the dangers they faced and concentrate on their service work all day long there. The passion from the bottom of their hearts burst out to care for the valiant injured warriors of the 29th Route Army. Though the hospital is simple and of bad condition, everywhere filled with the bad smell of blood, urinate, defecates, perspiration and the hum of the flies like a refugee camp, doctors, students, clerks and workers were all busy with their work in spite of all these. One after another injured after operation were pulled out of the operation room and the service man waiting outside pulled them back to the words carefully and put them carefully on the closely arranged beds.

It had been three days after LiuMing returned to the medical academy. In these three days LiuMing were busy with her service word day and night, she worked as doctor, nurse and service labor alternatively, cleaning urinates and defecates sometimes while feeding and help drinking at other times. In view of those valiant soldiers who had their arms and legs broken a mixed feeling of pain, indignant and grieve rose up in her. But the time she concentrate on the service that BaiShiWu should prompt out such kind of words! LiuMing wearied from these three days but she is not willing to quarrel with him, so she held her temper, smiled and said:

“BaiShiWu, help me to turn over this injured man, otherwise he will have bedsore.”

BaiShiWu Followed LiuMing’s words accordingly and helped her girlfriend with this or that. But as time passed he got bored and sat on the small bench sweeping his sweats on the face with a piece of handkerchief. He said to LiuMing impatiently:

“Are you tired? Little Liu, why not take a short break? How about going out to take in breathes of fresh air and have a cup of ice-cream? ”

“Ice-cream is all what you know!” LiuMing lowered her voice and glanced at him in disfavor, “The soldiers are experiencing life and death for the country but you are always thinking of ice-cream. If you like it you take it by yourself. I won’t try!” then she added up, “You can’t even match my father in this way, he would look down upon me if I did not focus on the work……”  

BaiShiWu helplessly looked at the serious and graceful face, he sighed then took out his fan unfolded it and fanned while walking out in low spirit. But one or two hours later this Bai returned with a pack of delicately packed western dessert in his hand along with another pack of green apples. He handed the stuff to LiuMing and said:

“You are so endeavoring in the work and could forget your hunger…… Look what I brought to you, it’s my favored delicacies for my……” BaiShiWu want to say “To my dearest!” but he dare not so managed with “Hurry up with them!” then sunk into silence.

LiuMing received all these fruits and delicacies then she opened the box to have a look inside and turned to the injured man who just had his blood pressure measured. She took out a pastry and an apple to put on his pillow side then speak in low voice:

“Please take these!” then she take the rest pastries and apples and give out to other badly wounded.

BaiShiWu stunned at this and got angry in his heart, but he dare not stop it so stand up and walked to the tap to wash his hands as if repair to do something for the injured. He whispered to LiuMing while washing his hands:

“What can I say about you? Yes, they are the injured but you are human beings yourself. How can you care nothing about your health? Let’s leave here. You have worked day and night for three successive 24 hours. Please take a rest!”

“If you want to take care of yourself then never be here! I am not tired and need not the rest!” LiuMing stared wide her blood colored eyes and quarreled with Bai impatiently.

The time BaiShiWu took his leave in depression a tall handsome young fellow appeared by LiuMing’s side. She realized it is the newly acquainted CaoHongYuan and soon handed over the spoon in her hand to BaiShiWu.

“Bai, please feed this injured. I have something to do and will be back soon. ” Then she turned to Cao nodded and smiled.

“Cao sir, how can you find me here? Let go out for the talk. It’s too noisy here.”

Cao also nodded and smiled. They went through a corridor crowded with injured soldiers opened a small door that led them into a courtyard with some small trees scattered around.

There is a bench not yet occupied, the two sat themselves on. Cao looked at her over tired eyes wove in blood streaks and said in low voice:

“Miss. Liu, are you still in the first-aid? That must be a weary work. The 29th army was fighting valiantly in the bloody battles around WanPing. That’s a fierce war and the day before even the army commander TongLinGe had sacrificed……”

The eyes socket of LiuMing turned red for the instance. She realized Cao is asking for something from her. She turned to face him with tears in the eyes as if to say:

“Is there anything? Please tell me.”

Cao understand the Liu is very busy with her work at present, so he got to the point directly.

“Miss Liu, you are a student from the medical academy and now you work with the hospital. Can you help us buy some medicine? Now the drug store on the market forestalled the medicine like other business. They are not willing to sell in quantity.

“My! Medicine?” LiuMing inquired in suspect, “for whom and how many?”

“Look the war is taking more and more intense. I’m afraid it will be getting worse. We collected a sum and prepare to buy some medicine for fighting warriors. It is a very important thing in war time. Can you give some aid? You won’t mind my directness, will you?”

Analysis: The war is no the barbarous and the hospital crowded with injured warriors. But the medical and hospital condition then looks very poor. The anti-invasion war can not be considered as individual behavior of the army. The anti-Japanese activity had already abandoned by the centre government of Chiang Kai-shek but people did not give up. They gave aid to and provide first aid and all possible support to the 29th Route Army which fight in total solitude. It well presented to us the anti-Japanese trend originates from the people and the war is people’s war. Compare with the ambiguity of the Chiang Kai-shek regime the attitude of Chinese people is clear and firm, even the state army involved themselves in the anti-invasion war later they were pressed and enforced by the people.   

头像
九州方圆44  中级会员   发表于:2016-09-24 10:24   只看该作者

59楼

“The war is no the barbarous”(F)
"The war is on the barbarous" (T )
头像
九州方圆44  中级会员   发表于:2016-09-24 14:15   只看该作者

60楼

柳明本来已经十分疲乏的身体,顿时觉得精力充沛起来。她抬头一甩漆黑的短发,掏出手绢,擦了脸上的汗渍和尘土她已经记不清有几天没有洗脸了。

“为了抗战买药,我一定尽力去做。我可以休息一两天帮您去买药我和医院的司药挺熟;另外,我们有许多同学也会帮助您的。您找了苗虹么?她现在就在这个医院里,我领您去找她……”说着,柳明站起身来,鸿远随着也站起来。当她一扭头时,却见白士吾站在不远的一棵小树下,正探头向柳明和鸿远这边紧盯着。柳明一阵气恼,但又不便说什么,只向跟在他们身后的白士吾睨了一眼,领着曹鸿远向楼上的病房走去。

这时,已经是下午六点多了。在一间散发着各种气味的闷热的大病房里,一排排紧挨着的病床上,伤员们有的微仰起头,有的睁大眼睛,有的紧闭双目,腮边挂着泪珠……
六七个男女青年,正站在病房中央激昂慷慨演唱着抗战歌曲,这里面,就有小苗虹。她的红润细嫩的圆脸瘦了,变得有些苍白。她正用充满激情、但已沙哑的声音唱着《慰劳歌》:

你们为了我们老百姓,

负了光荣的伤,躺在这病院的床上

飞机还在不断地扔炸弹,

大炮还在隆隆地响!

拼着我们最后的一滴血

守住我们的家乡!家乡!……

唱到“守住我们的家乡”几个字,曲调高昂,然后逐渐减弱,终于消失了。这时,整个病房沉浸在一片寂静里,仿佛这动人的歌声仍在每个伤员耳中回旋。苗虹圆圆的大眼睛里闪烁着晶莹的泪光,掏出手绢一边擦额上的汗,一边擦眼中的泪。负伤的战士们有的用大巴掌抹掉腮边的泪水,有的一边落泪一边举起无力的双臂鼓起掌来。掌声虽然稀落,但这是出身负重伤的伤员的手掌呵!他们的掌声却又反过来感动了前来慰劳演唱的青年学生们,他们也都掏出手绢来人们的心,紧紧地拧在一起,熊熊燃烧在一起……

站在门边的柳明和鸿远也一边鼓掌,一边落泪。敌人大举向中国进攻了!大炮、飞机正在北平城郊的上空日夜不停地震响着。这歌声和炮声混合在一起,如此明晰地映现了当时的真实景象;而那句“拼着我们最后的一滴血,守住我们的家乡”的歌词,又是如此确切地道出了人们誓死保卫国土的意志、情感和决心。因此,当苗虹的歌子唱完后,人们的感情就这样被掀动起来,被激荡起来……许久功夫,病房里除了欷歔的哭声,就是伤员们“他奶奶的”一类愤怒的骂声。

激荡的波涛刚刚平静一些,一个男学生用悲怆而昂扬的男高音,唱起了《九·一八小调》:

高粱叶子青又青,

九月十八来了日本兵,

先占火药库,

后占北大营!

杀人放火真是凶

杀人放火真是凶……

中国的军队有好几十万,

恭恭敬敬让出了沈阳城……

病房里,人们的心随着歌声,又一次像潮水随着风声,情感的激流更加汹涌起来……

“妈的!老子有口气,就得跟你这小日本拼到底!”

“中央军都死绝啦?怎么就不来支援俺二十九军呵?”